to throw away' means to get rid of something because you don't need or want it any more.
- I'm going to throw away these old shoes. I can't wear them any more.
- Throw away those old magazines. Everybody has read them.
'to throw in' means to add something extra when you are selling something.
- When I bought my car, they threw in free insurance.
- When you buy fruit and vegetables on the market, they often throw in a few extra.
'to throw in' a remark in a conversation means to suddenly say something without thinking about it.
- In the middle of dinner, he just threw in that he was leaving his job to travel the world.
- She just threw in some comment about how terrible a manager Nick was.
'to throw yourself into' means to do something with a lot of enthusiasm and energy.
- The children threw themselves into the project and got it finished very quickly.
- He loves his new job and has thrown himself into it with great enthusiasm.
'to throw off' means to free yourself from something.
- I've had this cold for ages now. I just can't throw it off.
- He has never been able to throw off that young boy image.
'to throw on' means put on a piece of clothing quickly without much thought.
- I was in a hurry so I just threw on an old dress and coat.
- I'll just throw on my coat and be with you in a moment.
'to throw out' means to reject a proposal or idea.
- The court didn't have enough evidence so they threw the case out.
- After all the demonstrations and protests, parliament threw out the bill.
'to throw someone out of' means to force someone to leave a place.
- His bad behaviour was the reason he was thrown out of school.
- They were thrown out of the club because they had had too much to drink.
'to throw together' means to quickly make something without a lot of preparation.
- It was a very simple dinner. I just threw together a salad with things from the fridge.
- She's very good at sewing. She just throws together a dress in an evening.
'to throw up' means to generate or produce new problems or ideas.
- It was a very good meeting. It threw up loads of new ideas.
- Our discussion has thrown up some very serious concerns about safety.